Travelling with Oxygen?
Thursday, December 5, 2019,11:56 am
Use a Portable Oxygen Back-up Unit
Do you use oxygen? Are you thinking about holidaying and travelling with oxygen? Do you need to risk assess your oxygen needs? Let Pure O2 take care of you with our Portable Oxygen Back-up Units.
What are portable oxygen back-up units?
Portable oxygen back-up units are additional concentrators that can be used if your main one fails to work or is accidentally damaged.
If you’re a portable oxygen user, you’ll know how important it is to have your concentrator in good working condition at all times. So why would you travel without back-up oxygen? Having a back-up of one of our NHS-approved products ensures that you are always prepared.
Who needs portable oxygen back-up units?
Back-up units are helpful for all users of oxygen concentrators. However, they are especially important for those travelling abroad. You never quite know when disaster will strike- especially if you’re in a country you’ve never been to before.
- What happens if your unit gets broken in transit?
- What happens if there’s a break in at your hotel?
- What happens if your unit is damaged during a daytrip?
Having a second unit means that you can go on holiday without the worry of a medical emergency. It also means that you can continue breathing with ease, even if you temporarily misplace your main oxygen concentrator.
Furthermore, if you require 16+ hours of oxygen a day, it is even more essential that you carry a second portable concentrator, due to your increased oxygen requirements. Even if you are simply travelling to a place where oxygen is difficult to obtain or ship to, extra oxygen units are important.
How Pure O2 help
- Buy new or reconditioned oxygen concentrators from Pure O2: As we want you to feel safe wherever you are, we recommend purchasing a back-up portable oxygen unit. If you’re not sure which to pick, our friendly staff are happy to help.
- Rent new or reconditioned oxygen concentrators from Pure O2: If you’re unsure about purchasing a back-up unit, we offer the convenient option of renting. Our rental department is there to offer expert advice and support.
- Service your existing portable oxygen units with Pure O2: If you already have a back-up unit, that’s great! You’ve taken a step in the right direction. However, you should get your units serviced to ensure you don’t run into any problems anytime soon.
- Buy spare batteries from Pure O2: Purchasing spare batteries is a small step that can make a big difference. It’s always handy to have extra batteries available, especially if you are travelling abroad.
Portable oxygen travel tips
As well as having the right portable oxygen equipment, there are some other things you should think about before travelling. These include:
- Airline: Book with an airline that will accommodate your medical needs.
- Fit to Fly Test: If flying, have this test carried out and keep the results on hand. Additionally, carry a doctor’s note stating that you are on oxygen and the oxygen levels you use.
- Battery life: Ensure you have enough battery power to use your concentrator for a sufficient amount of time.
- Travel insurance: Obtain insurance that covers your health conditions and your portable oxygen unit.
- Destination research: Find our information about the altitude of your destination. Also make a note of your nearest hospitals and local oxygen suppliers.
- Adaptors: Depending on where you are travelling to, you may need to bring an adaptor or a surge protection plug.
- Latest advice: Pure O2 have lots of information about portable oxygen units, and the British Lung Foundation also have helpful advice.
With free delivery, the latest oxygen concentrators, and outstanding customer service, we can make sure that you make the most out of your holiday with one of our back-up portable oxygen units.
Let Pure O2 take care of you.
Contact us by calling us on 0161 747 2617 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.